Martin Marietta - Quivas
Asphalt / Paving Superintendent
Fort Collins, CO
Martin Marietta has an opening for the position of Asphalt/Paving Superintendent at our Fort Collins CO location.
This is a career-type position with a top company with great benefits.
Starting Pay rates are commensurate with skill and experience level.
Oversee the operations and performance of multiple crews within the asphalt and paving operations. This will include safety, quality, scheduling, logistics, equipment selection and personnel management.
- Implement and enforce company safety and environmental policies
- Maintain highest quality in all aspects of operations and customer expectations
- Hire, train and develop employees for future growth and responsibility.
- Control the work to maximize efficiency for Martin Marietta and our subcontractors.
- Construct projects according to specifications and customer expectations.
- Responsible for the maintenance, and repair of company assets in accordance with the company maintenance program. Assist shop personnel in scheduling of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Act as point of contact for positive interaction with Customers, Project Managers, and Inspectors on job site.
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators that include Safety ratings, Call back / Warranty cost per ton, Man Hour Factors, Equipment Uptime, Actual versus Estimated margins and Trucking costs.
- Oversee the accuracy of all daily reporting requirements. This includes complete and accurate reporting using Build2Win software, correct pre and post shift inspection sheets and weekly toolbox safety meetings.
- Responsible for controlling crew costs and making timely changes as necessary to meet or exceed estimated margins.
- Schedule work for crews in consultation with Customers, Estimators, Dispatch, Project Managers, Inspectors and Subcontractors.
- Communicate with Dispatch on trucking needs or changes.
- Communicate with material suppliers regarding material types and quantities required for the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort interacting with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills including standard Microsoft Office applications, budgeting software and scheduling software.
- Ability to motivate and foster relationships to enhance a cooperative team environment.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customer representatives and officials from local agencies.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and job-related disputes in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to managing time, tasks and resources on multiple operations effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekend hours.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
- Knowledge of CDOT regulations for highway paving and traffic safety
- Project management and field supervisory experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of asphalt paving, sub-grade and related subcontractor operations required
Compensation: Starting at $80,750 plus
Starting wages depend on knowledge, skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled